I saw this link on Google Plus and decided it was worth a shot. As a part of NaCaCreMo, I will work on fleshing out the Samoora Sea setting.
The goals for this project are:
- It'll be compatible with The Black Hack, at a minimum. Swords & Wizardry, too, if I am lucky.
- There will be non-standard races, extra classes, meaningful magic items (not just +1 items), and monsters.
- There will be at least one complete map and accompanying descriptive text
- It will be in a playable (not necessarily publishable) form by November 30
- It'll have at least one new magic system.
The Red Concordant is my take on The Black Hack that includes my house rules and a few more things left out of the original. When I say compatible with The Black Hack, I mean compatible with both, assuming I get The Red Concordant finished. The conclusion of this project will put me about 90% of the way to completing The Red Concordant.
The races include some I've written about here before; uplifted dolphins (I never read the books), trans-dimensional fire elementals, and lizardmen-tigers. I may include one or two more traditional races, just to provide some common point of reference to more traditional fantasy settings.
I actually hope to have more than one magic system. The choices include psionics, salt magic, converting The Fantasy Trip spells to The Black Hack, casting spells with a chart, the cult of hot iron, and clockwork. It sounds like a lot, but with TBH, a new magic system is a mechanic, some fluff text, and a spell list.
Wish me luck. Any and all feedback, even negative, is welcome.